These are my sons favorite cookies. They are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside with flavors of molasses and ginger. These contain no dairy for anyone who can’t tolerate it. These do need to go in the refrigerator for several hours or until the dough is firm so it’s best to plan ahead if you are making them. They can also sit in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease two cookie sheets
Servings 3 Dozen
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 egg beaten to blend
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a stand mixer or large bowl mix butter, oil, sugars, egg and molasses until creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients into medium size bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and stir just until all flour is incorporated. Chill dough for 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls (can use small scoop abut 1 3/4-inches in diameter).
- Roll balls in granulated sugar and place on greased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly puffed and browned around the edges. Remove from oven and let sit on sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply