Peanut Blossoms have been around forever and you will find many variations of them. They are a favorite with kids as well as adults. These are your basic peanut butter cookie topped with a chocolate kiss which is added halfway through baking. The dough can also be made into the standard peanut butter cookie with the cross marks on top which are made with a fork. They are delicious as well but you probably won’t get too many requests for leaving off the chocolate kiss. I tried these once with a higher quality chocolate ball but they just weren’t the same.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Servings 3 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour and baking soda into small bowl and set aside.
- Put butter and peanut butter in bowl of stand mixer or large bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat just until mixed.
- Form into small balls (a 1 1/2-inch diameter scoop works well). Roll in granulated sugar to cover.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake in 375°F oven for 8 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and place a milk chocolate candy kiss on top of each cookie pressing down firmly.
- Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and enjoy! These freeze well.
- If you prefer the more common peanut butter cookies with the criss cross pattern, just press the tops with the tines of a fork in the pattern of a cross and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
These are so delicious!