This recipe is super simple and can be put together in 10 minutes or less. I use chicken wings but you could also use chicken drumettes. They should be marinated 24 to 48 hours for best flavor. I prefer them warm rather than hot out of the oven which makes them ideal for making ahead. This marinade also works well with flank steak.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Servings 4 People
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds chicken wings tips removed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds Optional
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, dry mustard and garlic powder.
- Place wings in a large (gallon size) zip lock bag and pour marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours. Turn once or twice to distribute marinade.
- Place chicken on foil lined (nonstick foil works well) sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven, turn wings over and continue baking another 25 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and enjoy!
Leave a Reply